Monday, October 09, 2006
Happy Birthday, Princess Katie!
This post is late in coming. Katie's birthday was October 5. She turned one year old. I can hardly believe it has been a whole year. On her birthday she had her first McDonald's Happy Meal and a cupcake. Her party was on this past Sat. Since one thing is just not enough things to tell you about our darling Katie I will do 12 for being 12 months old.
1. She is the only one, besides her oldest brother Steven, to start walking before she was a year old.
2. She is almost always happy and always has a smile for you.
3. A couple of weeks ago she decided that mommy needed help putting away the groceries. So she crawled over to where I was putting away the cans and boxes and started picking up cans and trying to put them in the cabinet. It took all her little strength and balance to pick them up but she did it and was pleased as punch that she was able to put it away. What a good girl!
4. She loves babies and baby dolls. She already has a couple of dolls and loves them all equally.
5. She desires to make her brothers feel better if they are crying or upset. She will go to them and touch there face and love on them, as if to say "it's okay I love you".
6. She is now walking further and further distances everyday. I believe that soon it will be her main mode of transportation rather than crawling.
7. She learned how to jump in her Jumparoo from watching a video of her cousin Payton (almost 4 months) jumping in his. Prior to this she would just stand in it.
8. She is a complete joy.
9. She is quite patient.
10. She enjoys rolling around on the floor.
11. She has had her ears pierced since she was almost 8 months old.
12. She likes to dance to music when we play it.