Daily Proverb

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Friends Blogs

Blogs I Enjoy

Blogs That Host Contests

Craft Blogs I Enjoy

Food Blogs I Enjoy

Previous Posts
A New Arrival and An Early Death
I'm just a girl!
How Children are not Boring.
My Girl!
Discusions of Heaven
New Glasses!
Learning about Girls!
God Provides
What Disney Ride Are You?
Which country should you REALLY be living in? (Hub...

Archives
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
July 2011
November 2011
April 2013

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

StatCounter:


NeoCounter:

Monday, August 21, 2006
5 Things Meme
My friend Kim at Life in a Shoe tagged me for the 5 things Meme. Thanks Kim this is my first one! So here it goes:

5 Things in my Freezer

1 quart Java Chip Ice Cream

1 pint Shakes vanilla custard

1 several pkgs. of frozen vegetables

2 lbs of chicken breasts

a frozen Turkey (needs to be cooked)


5 Things in my Closet

My collection of Gone with the Wind things (dolls, signs, books, playing cards, etc)

6 piggy banks one for each child (actually 5 piggy banks and 1 jelly jar for Katie
haven't been able to find another plastic pig)

3 out of 6 memory boxes (I have a memory box for each child with there baby books, birthday cards, baptismal outfit, favorite lovey as a baby, etc)

Boxes of framed pictures from when we moved in to this house. We can't put anything on the wall as everything falls out. So all my pictures I had on the walls at our previous house are still packed away for when we move into a different place. Oh I can't wait to be able to put pictures on the walls again.

My middle school & high school year books all 7 of them and my high school memory book.


5 Things in our Suburban

Nascar bag full of swimsuits for Sunday afternoon fellowship meals at the pastor's house or for when we end up at my mother-in-laws who will want the children to go swimming even if we hadn't planned on staying.

Carseats

Diaper Bags (hopefully)

fluorescent yellow reflective safety vests (hubby uses these at his job at U.P.S. so that he is visible to people and doesn't get run over my one of the trucks. This was started there after someone got run over by one of the trucks.

Baby Travel Swing (put in suburban when Katie was only a couple of months old and just haven't taken it out yet as that would require me to find someplace in the house to put it)

5 Things in my Purse

Cell phone

keys

calculator

Tin of mints for when I am running around and haven't eaten yet to ward off hunger

Wallet


5 Things in Katie's Diaper Bag (I have two)

Size 3 diapers

Pink bonnet for when we are out in the sun

Diaper Duck - holds plastic bags for used diapers (although I have also used for wet clothes)

Receiving blanket

Toys to entertain her when we are out someplace

5 People I Tag

Kaitlynn
Amy
Deanna
Lydia

  posted at 8/21/2006  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At August 22, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Hofwoman said...

I love your memory box idea :) I will have to tuck that away for my children later :)

 
At August 22, 2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amy,
my mother had a baby book for us and a couple of other things (other than pictures) but they were hard to find. I was always interested in things so I decided that I would buy a plastic storage box for each child and put memory stuff in them. Baby books, 1st year calendars, birthday cards, special artwork, special loveys, Brandon's splint from when he was 18 months old, Baptismal outfit, etc. It's all tucked away for when they get married either than or when they are expecting there first child I will give it to them so they will be able to share there childhood with there spouse. When I die they will each also get to take the photo albums that are just about them. I have family albums, and than photo albums for each child. Where they are the only sibling in the picture with other relatives, family, etc. They have several each right now. I am very much into memory type things just who I am. I want there spouses to be able to see what they looked like at different stages of there life. I have several photo albums of me growing up, but have seen very few photos of Cedric and never any of him as an infant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search & Win
About Me


Name:
Unknown


My Complete Profile

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange
Princess Things

American Vision

sparkle and Charm Boutique
Grab this button Chesapeake Ribbons



Gabriella Bella Boutique
Mom Stores

Other Links


  • Google News

  • Miscellaneous
    The Caffeine Click Test - How Caffeinated Are You?
    OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets Z Recommends PRIZEY

    Bible Trivia
    ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia