Daily Proverb

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Friends Blogs

Blogs I Enjoy

Blogs That Host Contests

Craft Blogs I Enjoy

Food Blogs I Enjoy

Previous Posts
Nerd Factor
Chocolate and more Chocolate
Update on My Pregnancy.
Happy Birthday, Steven!
Happy Birthday, Nathan!
So Tired!
Geneva Bible Pages
Disappointed...but expected
Happy 5th Birthday, Andrew!
Is your grammer gooder than mine?

Archives
April 2006
May 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
March 2010
April 2010
December 2010
July 2011
November 2011
April 2013

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

StatCounter:


NeoCounter:

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Baby Update
Well I had my first prenatal visit yesterday. The dr. seems really nice and I really think I like her. It is such a different experience than with a midwife and I do miss my midwife but this dr seems like a good alternative. She is all for allowing me to try to have a VBAC and wants me to think about being carefully induced at around 39 weeks (if I have started dilating) so I will have a smaller baby and a better chance at a successful VBAC. She did a sonogram but the way was a little small still to be able to get any kind of info, but I got to see the babys heartbeat. The dr said besides the heartbeat the only thing she could really tell was that there was only one baby. So next month we will have a complete comprensive sonogram and hopefully be able to tell what this little baby is. I was quite nervous about this appointment and how this dr would feel about me using a midwife and having big babies and such, as most of the drs I have come into contact with here in San Antonio are very much anti-midwife, anti-VBAC, anti-big babies, etc. I feel very much reliefed that this dr seems to be none of these things and it looks like I will have a chance to have a VBAC rather than another c-section. God has seen fit to lead us to the right dr.

  posted at 2/20/2007  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At February 20, 2007 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found the right doctor!

You asked me once why I am not having a VBAC (Little King came emergency c-section). My husband explained it more clearly.

There is a medical mal-practice insurance that doctors take out called Plico. Because a VBAC has more risks involved Plico does not cover VBACS. In Oklahoma most physicians use PLico, and therefore they cannot do VBACS because their mal-practice insurance doesn't cover it. If it did, I might consider it....

 
At February 20, 2007 5:56 PM, Blogger Audrey said...

I am glad you are liking your Dr. That makes such a huge difference. I had my first 4 via the "normal route" with Drs and hospitals. I absolutely loved my Dr. He was great. I love the simplicity of a homebirth though.

Are you feeling better? Over the early pregnancy woews? I am in the early nursing excrusiating pain stage ;-) Ughh!!! Its like chinese water torcher...you know that at least every 3 hours you will want to come out of your skin. ;-/

Rob wont know if he passed for 6-8 weeks...isnt that nuts? I cant believe it takes that long. He seemed to feel better though after taking the test.

 
At March 18, 2007 4:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Which doctor did you end up going with, Michelle? I'm glad you like her!

 
At March 18, 2007 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Stephanie, I ended up going with a Dr. Marilyn Vanover. She belongs to the Women Partners group near Northeast Baptist hospital off of Village Oaks drive. She seems very nice and is seems rational as far as thinking that trying for a VBAC is a good idea even though I have had two c-sections. So I am happy about that.
Audrey, I too have enjoyed my midwife that is all I have known for the most part. All of my prenatals have been done by a midwife thru all 6 of my pregnancies. The last three where born in a hospital but the rest where born at home. I feel like I am completely new at this when it comes to going to a doctor. But it helps that I don't feel like this dr. is fighting every step of the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Search & Win
About Me


Name:
Unknown


My Complete Profile

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange
Princess Things

American Vision

sparkle and Charm Boutique
Grab this button Chesapeake Ribbons



Gabriella Bella Boutique
Mom Stores

Other Links


  • Google News

  • Miscellaneous
    The Caffeine Click Test - How Caffeinated Are You?
    OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets Z Recommends PRIZEY

    Bible Trivia
    ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia